This is currently freezing in my ice cream maker but the first taste was SO FREAKING AWESOME that I just had to run in here and post the recipe!!
From Epicurious but with substantial changes:
1/8 cup ginger preserves
2 13.5- to 14-ounce cans chilled unsweetened coconut milk (NOT LOW FAT)
3/4 cup turbinado sugar
1 cup chilled heavy cream
5 tablespoons fresh lime juice*
1 tablespoon grated lime peel/zest
Pinch of salt
Whisk coconut milk, sugar, half and half, lime juice, lime peel, salt, and ginger preserve in medium bowl until sugar dissolves.
Transfer mixture to ice cream maker. Process according to manufacturer's instructions.
Transfer ice cream to container; cover and freeze until firm, about 3 hours.
*I only had one small lime, so I used its juice, however much that turned out to be.
I reduced the specified amount of sugar from 1 cup plus 2T to a little less than a cup, and would like it even better with a skosh less, hence the 3/4 cup measurement. I think it will be a bit icy, several of the reviewers mentioned theirs was, but using heavy cream should help that some. One reviewer made hers with egg yolks for an even richer version. Making a custard in a double boiler was beyond my patience tonight, so I didn' t try that variation!
But oh my GOSH. The coconut flavor is strong and delicious, and it's just sweet enough. Seriously, I cannot tell you how delicious this is!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You do a lot with coconut flour. I am desperately trying to find a biscotti recipe that uses only coconut flour. I tried tweaking a regular biscotti recipe and the measurements are way off. No matter how much moisture I add, the biscotti is so dry that it crumbles out of the oven. Would you have or know where I could find a biscotti recipe with only coconut flour? Thank you!
Post a Comment