Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Taste

One thing Husband and I have both noticed since being on The McCombs Plan is that our senses are heightened in a variety of ways. We've talked about how food tastes better. We are satisfied with less, as well. We are not consciously limiting our intake, weighing food, or counting calories. We eat as much as we like, as long as it's on The Plan. And we eat a lot! And yet, we are both losing weight, feeling better, and enjoying food and life more. Our physical appetites have also increased. Physical sensations like touch or breezes on my skin bring heightened response. I'm both able to and desirous of exercise now. With the bloating gone, or at least much reduced, I'm able to access abdominal muscles that I could not access before, even with my Pilates knowledge and experience. And starting to feel those again makes me want to do *more* and get even stronger! It's a great feeling.

No comments: